Pages

Saturday, October 27, 2012

The Silver Lining

My camera stopped working while I was taking pictures of Rain this afternoon.  My heart sunk.  

But just for a moment.  Life is pretty good if this is the biggest thing I'm worried about

I'm sure there is some sort of silver lining to this cloud.
  
That's how it is with photography sometimes.  You'll get ready for a sunset shot, but the sun is nowhere to be seen.  Then before you know it, the clouds start glowing red, purple, or orange.  The best sunsets, real and figurative, happen when the sun has to fight through the clouds.


September 2012. It was one of those evenings.  Clouds everywhere. Then a combination of the sinking sun and smoke from summer wildfires turned the clouds pink and purple.  The colors were boosted a little in post, but only to the extent that I remembered the actual colors being.  It was one of the most beautiful sunsets I have seen.
Even if it is a dull, gray sunset there is always next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment