Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Pinhole Camera Assembly

My D7000 is off to the repair shop for the next 3-6 weeks.  The D3100 is being lent to a friend for his photography class.  I guess its just a good a time as any to test out my new cameras.

Putting together the pinhole camera (pics taken by my webcam):

$17.68 on Amazon.
Reminds me of the days I used to put together Gundam models.  Yep, still a geek.
Everything is  made up of really stiff cardstock-like paper, tape, and a few plastic parts.  It's crazy to think that this thing actually might take a picture.
It took a little over an hour to assemble.  First roll of film in place.  Not sure if I did it right...just have to wait and see.
Holga and pinhole camera.
Putting in a roll of film for the first time was kind of exhilarating (in a very subdued sort of way).  Now I know why I was never  allowed to touch the rolls as a child.

All that's left is to go out and take some shots.  Here's hoping for good conditions, good lighting, and a whole lot of dumb luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment